I started by volunteering and adding event updates to the Booster's website, which is ran in Google Sites. After some time, and recognizing that the website needed, desperately, a makeover, I offered to update it. The tricky part of this was that the website needed to stay within Google Sites because this is a free platform for teachers and it worked well with the plugins that the band director needed.
I migrated the "Old" Google Site to the "New" platform, and, because I knew there were many parents who were used to the old site's flow, I decided to replicate some features that otherwise I would have dropped, for example, the hero image remained the same, and I added manually a left-navigation bar which the website in theory did not need it, but was going to help parents with a friendlier transition to the new platform.
I also purchased some beautiful and bold vector graphics to use for the events, which everyone also loved as they go very well with the school's theme.